To be successful when planning your meals, know what you crave and how to satisfy yourself so you do not feel deprived. These little lemon bites are packed with healthy fats, tangy lemon and lots of protein. Perfect for anyone on a high protein/ Keto diet. They whip up in just minutes and last for days in the fridge.
The Keto diet. It seems everyone these days is on a high protein and high fat diet. It is a great way to jump start weight loss. There is no doubt that my recent weight loss has been fueled by intentional eating and planning snacks carefully throughout the day.
While looking for a simple way to stay on my Keto diet throughout the day, I found this recipe for Keto coconut lemon balls on the internet last year. I have tweaked the recipe to add more zing to the taste and changed the sweetener to Splenda Naturals with Stevia. You may prefer straight up Splenda that dissolves, but I like the texture of the crunchy bits of sweetener.
I also prefer full fat Greek yogurt to sour cream- some recipes call for sour cream but I pretty much always substitute Greek Yogurt for sour cream these days. The brighter flavor and health benefits make Greek yogurt an easy swap. A bite of these at work in the afternoon satisfies your sweet tooth without blowing your Keto diet .
Let me know how you like this recipe in my comment section.
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
1 TBS full fat Greek yogurt
3 tsp fresh lemon juice
zest of one lemon
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp vanilla or almond extract
3 tsp of Splenda Naturals- Stevia- or more to taste, divided
pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, zest, almond flour, vanilla, sea salt and Stevia- test a sample bite for sweetness- Adjust sweetness if desired. A thick dough should form.
- Freeze dough for 5 minutes.
- While dough is firming, mix coconut flakes and extra Stevia on a plate for coating for bites.
- Once dough is chilled, roll into small balls. Then roll balls in coconut mixture to coat.
- Freeze for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour . You can enjoy immediately . Store lemon bites in an airtight container in the fridge.