This simple & scrumptious 5 ingredient recipe will be your new “Go To” cake frosting.
Why this Recipe Works:
- Butter, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla bean paste or extract and a little cream are all you need for a super simple fluffy frosting. I add a pinch of salt to boost all the flavors.
- No special equipment is needed. All you need is an electric mixer.
- Room Temperature Ingredients are a must for ultra fluffy frosting. Make certain to take your butter out a few hours before mixing. Otherwise the frosting will not bind properly and look curdled.
- No cooking. Just beat the butter until fluffy and pale and slowly add in the sugar (on low), cream and vanilla. Add the salt at the end.
- You can make this ahead of time. Place the frosting in an airtight container ( I prefer glass) and chill until needed. Let rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes before spreading or it can tear your cake.
This makes enough frosting for a 9″ x 12″ cake.
One dozen cupcakes
A 2 layer cake.
6 oz jars of my vanilla bean paste prepared especially for my commercial clients.
Madagascar Bourbon Grade A vanilla bean pods curing in 20 pounds of organic sugar.