This simple snack cake made with 2 packages of Martha White Muffin mix will have you crowned Queen of the PTA!
Inspired by Hannah Dasher’s “Stand by your Pan Banana- Walnut layered cake”, this simple snack cake will have you singing for joy it’s so easy.
I love following Country Music singer, Hannah Dasher, on Instagram. She has a wicked good recipe collection called “Stand by your Pan.”
She makes a layered walnut banana cake with a packages Martha White Muffin mix . It inspired me to simplify my Monkey Square recipe. Mommies and daddies are so busy this time of year, and this recipe can be thrown together in a mixing bowl in about 15 minutes. Whip up the frosting while the cake cools and you are ready for bake sale, PTA or the office coffee hour baking show down.
Stand by your pan and let Martha White do most of the hard work.
Enjoy!Jump to Recipe
6 ingredients for this cake folks- that’s it!
Other Ways to use packaged muffin mixes
- Use Pumpkin muffin mix, add 1 can of pumpkin ( omit banana) a tsp of pumpkin pie spice for a delicious pumpkin snack cake.
- Blueberry muffin mix : use 2 cups frozen blueberries, 1 tsp cinnamon for blueberry snack cake.
- Poppy Seed cake: omit bananas, add in juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger. For the icing, use a simple sugar and lemon juice glaze.
Other Great banana recipes to try:
- Banana Custard French Toast
- Banana and Oat muffins with Buttery Walnut Crumble
- Banana Pots De Créme
- Southern Banana Pudding with fresh Whipped Cream
- Monkey Squares with Brown Butter Frosting