One-Bowl Vanilla Sheet Cake Recipe: Easy and Delicious!
I started making this humble cake this summer for the Whitefish Farmer’s Market so folks could sample my vanilla products. Boy, was it a hit. Just last night, I had a bit of cake leftover and a woman came up and asked me how much it would be to buy the rest of the cake. I sold it to her for $5. Probably should have charged more.
Everyone always asks me for the recipe and I reply- “it’s just eggs, flour, vanilla, sugar and butter.” But, it really is a lovely little cake that deserves a post of its own.
Why this recipe works:
- Mixing the ingredients in one bowl makes it super simple.
- You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry and fridge.
- Room temperature eggs, butter and dairy products makes this cake extra fluffy and light.
- This cake bakes up in a standard 9″ x 13″ pan- no fussy cake pans or tins.
- The Vanilla Bean buttercream frosting is so good and So easy- just 4 ingredients.
Equipment you will need for this recipe:
- 9″ x 13″ cake pan
- Stand mixer or electric mixer
- Fine mesh sieve
- Offset spatula
- Rubber or silicone spatula