When all you have is a head of lettuce and a pound of beef- here’s how to whip up dinner in 30 minutes with a few pantry staples.
11 ingredients for a complete dinner. That’s it.Jump to Recipe
Okay- it’s 5:30, you’ve just walked in the door from work and you have to get dinner on the table before the kids go crazy and talk you into ordering pizza. You’ve got a pound of ground beef, some rice and a head of iceberg lettuce and not much else.
Here is a pantry staple hero recipe for you busy moms and dads, busy students in college or really anyone who puts in a long day and wants a quick, hot dinner. These Quick Korean Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps are so yummy and the garlic sauce and shiracha mayo will have your family asking for the dish over and over again.
It’s spicy, filling, quick and yummy.
Spicy Korean Beef Wrpas
1.5 lbs (about 720g) Lean ground beef
1 Hot House cucumber, sliced thin
1/4 cup (60ml) Sherry Vinegar
1/4 cup (50g) Mayonnaise
2 TBSP (30ml) Sriracha sauce
3 TBSP (45 ml) Tamari
2 TBSP (20g) Light brown sugar
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 TBSP (15ml) Sesame oil
1 head lettuce- Iceberg or Bibb- washed with leaves separated
1 cup, (150g) jasmine rice, cooked
Start cooking the rice as soon as you read this recipe.
METHOD 3o minutes, Serves 4
- In a small bowl, place sliced cucumbers and sherry vinegar together to marinate, set aside.
Combine Mayo and Sriracha in another small bowl- place in fridge until ready to serve.
In a small jar mix well the minced garlic, sugar, sesame oil and Tamari.
- In a medium sized skillet, cook beef until browned and juices have evaporated. Add garlic sauce and cook until warmed through. Add up to 1/4 cup of water if needed to the mixture.
- To serve:
Drain vinegar from cucumbers. Spoon rice and beef into lettuce cups, top with cucumbers and drizzle with Mayo/Sriracha sauce.
This dish takes only about 30 minutes to whip up. It’s another recipe I based off something I found on America’s Test Kitchen when I was searching for something to do with a pound of beef. I’ve tweaked the recipe to make it my own and to make it a tad simpler.
Other Entrees to make with Ground Beef
- Philipp’s Excellent Burgers– The BEST burger you will EVER eat.
- Healthy Veggie & Bean Soup – This soup is even better the next day
- Classic Bolognese – A fantastic take of the classic Italian sauce
- Beef and Cauliflower Rice Keto Protein Bowl – SO healthy- but don’t tell anyone
Great Side dishes to Serve with Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Kale & Sugar Snap Pea Veggie Skillet
- Kale with Mushrooms, Lemon & Garlic
- Autumn Roasted Vegetables
- Carrot & Herb Salad
- Black Bean Confetti Salad