This healthy high protein bowl is bursting with bright mangoes, cool cucumber and creamy avocado topped with a tamari-ginger sauce.
My spicy salmon bowl is the perfect dish to make on a hot afternoon when you don’t want to be standing over the oven for an hour to get a tasty dinner on the table. Enjoy!
I love this recipe because it’s one of those- clean out the pantry dishes. The pan sauce is just soy sauce, honey, and a bit of hot spicy jelly with tart lime juice, garlic and ginger mixed in. The jelly gives it a spicy bite to contrast the cool flavors of avocado, cucumber and mango .
The rice could not be more simple- just pour in a can of coconut milk, a bit of water and rice into a heavy pan, simmer for 10 minutes and then turn off the heat. Don’t mess with it until time to serve up dinner. Then fluff with a fork and start building your bowls. Top with whatever summer fruits and vegetables you have on hand. In Florida, it’s all about the mangoes for us. Don’t forget that hit of flavor from Everything but the Bagel Seasonings. I use the Trader Joe’s brand. Not only does it add color, but a nice bite of extra spice.
The coconut rice recipe comes courtesy of Half Baked Harvest.Jump to Recipe
- To get this dish on the table FAST, start with the rice, (it can hang out covered off the heat) then throw the sauce together, prep your veggies and start cooking the fish.
Cooking Tools to Help with this recipe:
- Microplane Zester
- Wüsthof Gourmet fish spatula
- All Clad 12 inch Fry pan with lid
- Mason Cash Stoneware Juicer
Other Great Bowls to Try-
- Buddha Bowl
- Beef & Cauliflower Rice Protein Bowl
- 5 Spice Blackened Shrimp Bowl
- Quinoa Chicken Power Bowl