Here is my extensive list of favorite Champagnes, Sparkling Wines and Rosés. It took years of painstaking research to create this list- but someone has to do it. The sacrifices I make for my followers. Be sure to check out your local wine sellers for even more information. I love Tim’s Wine in Orlando and The Alpine Market and Markus Foods in Whitefish.
Do not forget to pick up a bottle of your sweethearts’ favorite bubbly this Valentine’s Day.
- Favorite Champagnes around $50.00
- Vorin Jumel Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru-hint of toast. Very dry- My absolute favorite Champagne
- Lauren-Perrier La Cuvée Brut – very sweet and creamy. Apricot and hazelnut finish
- Champagne Aubry– 45% Pinot Meunier, Meyer lemon, ginger accent, smokey finish
- Royal Seyssel– aged three years- toasty baguette. You’ll think it’s a $100 bottle of fine champagne
- Kirkland Signature Chamapgne Brut– Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier vineyards in Verzenay of Manuel Janisson.
- Favorite Rosé-
- Wit Celler’s Sparkling Rosé-Columbia Valley, Strawberry and Rhubarb $
- Laurent-Perrier Cuveé Rosé- aged 5 years, 100% Pinot Noir, Dry with dark fruits $$$
- Bourgeois-Diaz Cuveé RS Champagne – huge Pinot Noir cherries. $$
- Paul Bara Grand Rosé- fresh red berry and blood oranges. Exceptional small vineyard. $$
- Billecart Salmon Brut Rosé– When it makes the legendary wine at Canlis– you know it’s good.
- A few Champagne Cocktails to make this Valentine’s Day-
- French 75
- Blackberry Pom Smash
- Pomegrante Blueberry Champagne Cocktail
- Kir Royal: Add a tablespoon of Créme de Casis to a glass, top with champagne and a liqueur soaked blackberry
Here is my blog post from 2020 where Tim share’s his tips for what to look for in a great champagne. Not being a fan of “grocery store” champagnes, I really prefer the grower model with an emphasis of time in the barrel or in the bottle before profits. Champagne likes to age. Read a great blog post by Tim a few years ago- keep in mind, it’s a bit of a parody, but the last paragraph is the most important.
But I will confess… I do love Kirkland brand champagne. The bubbles are only $20 a bottle and it is a great little champagne for the price.
Here’s to Love!