Cantaloupe Aqua Fresca Mocktail is a refreshing beverage made of pulverized fruit, strained and lightly sweetened. Perfect for a warm afternoon or as a non-alcoholic alternative to a frozen cocktail.
What is an Aqua Fresca?
A Cantaloupe Aqua Fresca Mocktail is simply melon that is pulverized into a liquid, that is flavored with mint, ginger, lime or lemon juice and lightly sweetened. Serve chilled. Because of their water content, melons work best: watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew.
If you have never made an Aqua Fresca here is what you do:
Chop up a bunch of watery fruits such as watermelon, cantaloupe or honey dew. Pulverize in a high power blender. In a mesh strainer or fine colander strain the solids from the juice over a large bowl.
Sweetened with a simple syrup- I infuse mine with lemon peel- here’s how. Add in lime juice, ginger or mint or basil to cut the sweetness and add a little zing.
Tips to make this recipe:
- Use fresh ingredients- ginger and lemon really brighten the drink, so do not use bottled or jarred.
- Press the juice through the sieve with the help of a rubber spatula.
- Substitute agave if you do not want to use simple syrup
- Serve aqua frescas ice cold.
Equipment needed to make an Aqua Fresca:
- High Power blender
- Fine mesh strainer
- Juicer or reamer for the citrus fruit. Buy my favorite HERE
- Microplane for the ginger
Other mocktails you may like to try:
I am a big fan of fresh and clean tasting Aqua Frescas- strained juice primarily made from melons sweetened with sugar or a simple syrup. I made two other recipes last year.