There is nothing that says “fall” quite like pumpkin bread. Every home chef should have a go to recipe in their baking collection. This recipe slices well making it perfect for lunch box snacks and the extra loaf is perfect for with neighbors.
October is the perfect time to purge your spice shelf and replace old stale baking spices and baking powder and soda . Look for sales at your local grocery store. You might consider writing the date you purchased your spices on the bottom of each jar. It helps you remember when you bought something. Nothing ruins a baked treat like ingredients that have lost their potency.
Call a friend over this afternoon and enjoy a warm cup of chai tea with this perfect Autumn treat.
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 TBS cinnamon
1 TBS freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup canola oil
1 can- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Moist Pumpkin Spice Quick Bread
- PRE HEAT THE OVEN TO 350 DEGREES
- Grease and flour 2 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pans
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and all spices- cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugar and eggs. Mix until well combined. Add canola oil. Stir in pumpkin puree on low speed. Continue mixing and add vanilla and water.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients. Take care not to over mix to avoid a tough bread. Mix until dry ingredients are just combined.
- Divide mixture in half pouring each half into prepared loaf pans
- Bake 50 minutes to an hour at 350 until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pans and let rest on a wired baking sheet.