This “no cook” creamy pudding will surprise you with how sweet it actually is without any additional sugar or sweeteners. Only 5 ingredients go into this simple and satisfying breakfast or snack treat.
banana Chia Pudding
1 cup oat or almond milk, unsweetened
1/4-1/3 cup chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2 ripe bananas- one for garnish
*1 TBSP maple syrup, stevia or honey to sweeten ( optional)
- In a small bowl, mash 1/2 large banana. Slice the other half of the banana into thin pieces. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon to the banana.
- In the same bowl, stir in the milk and chia seeds until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the chia-milk- banana mixture into a glass or jar layering the chia mixture and the sliced bananas. Top with chia mixture.
Chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
Mixture will be creamy and chia seeds will be softened and take on a gelatin like consistency- think tapioca.
Garnish with additional banana slices and cinnamon, if desired.
- Serves 2
- Consider adding other berries to your chia puddings like blueberries, raspberries or blackberries. Try toasted nuts or seeds as well.
- Chia seeds are packed with fiber, protein and omega- 3’s
- Chia is also packed with antioxidants like Caffeic Acid, Chlorogenic Acid and Quercetin (source- webmd.com)
- Chia seeds fight free radicals that cause oxidative stress and cell damage. This in turn can prevent you from developing heart disease, cognitive decline and certain types of cancer.
- Foods like chia seeds contain high amounts of fiber which can help lower blood pressure, reduce LDL cholesterol and prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Chia seeds can help alleviate constipation
Read More about this incredible food source HERE.