This beautiful salmon recipe is special enough to serve to company, but easy enough for weeknight dinners in a flash. Chances are you have every ingredient for the sauce in your pantry.
Sometimes you need dinner that’s ready in a flash but is healthy and simple.
Here it is: Garlic Honey salmon.
Just throw a few ingredients in the dry rub, rub it on the fish. Pan sear the fish, make the glaze, pop the fish back in the pan and diner is ready in about 15 minutes. That’s fast.
Steam or roast some veggies while everything cooks. Open a bottle of wine- presto!
There’s no excuse for ordering out when dinner this delicous can be ready fast.
Garlic Honey Salmon- serves 4
4- 6 oz boneless filets of wild caught salmon- skin on.
1 TBSP olive oil
- Dry Rub
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 TBSP smoked paprika
3 TBSP honey
3 cloves chopped garlic
2 TBSP water
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 TBSP olive oil
1/2 cup Tarmari or soy sauce
1 tsp corn starch
Method- Total time- 20 minutes
- Mix the dry spices and salt together in a small bowl. Season both sides of the salmon with the rub.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, garlic, water, red pepper flakes, tamari or soy sauce, olive oil and corn starch. Be sure to remove any clumps from the corn starch so you do not have a lumpy sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large pan until shimmering. Place the salmon skin side down and cook until the skin releases easily without tearing about 4-5 minutes. The skin should be crispy. Cook for 1-2 minutes more skin side up. Remove fish from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the sauce into the still warm pan. It will boil and pop. Whisk gently on medium high heat until the sauce thickens. Return the fish to the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes spooning the sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon.