Every February, the farms around Plant City, Florida, are bursting with strawberries. A must stop is the Parksdale Farms Stand where the line for strawberry shortcake wraps around the building. If standing in line for shortcake isn’t your cup of tea, run down the road to one of a dozen “you pick it farms” or farm stands for fresh berries and make one of our tempting strawberry recipes.
This Strawberry Bread recipe makes the oddest batter. You’ll think there’s no way it’s going to turn out tasty. Trust me. It’s delicious. This recipe is based off the Tampa Junior League recipe in Life of The Party. You can purchase a copy here.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, washed, dried, hulled and cut into chunks
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 5 x 7 loaf pans with extra canola oil or butter.
- Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Add eggs and oil. Whisk until just combined. Fold in the fresh berries.
- Spoon into two prepared loaf pans. Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.